The Attest Brand Index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the snacks sector, as determined by real consumers.
What do we mean by ‘platform agnostic’? We mean the results are not influenced by any particular method of obtaining them, such as looking only at social media mentions, or brand search terms. This reduces bias and provides a much more accurate view of a brand’s strength in any given category.
To determine the Health & Wellness Brand Index, we look at three things.
- Percentage of unprompted brand recall within a named category e.g. ‘Alcohol’ ‘Fashion’ or ‘Entertainment’
- How likely a person is to purchase your particular brand (purchase intent)
- How likely a person is to recommend your brand (net promoter score)
Our data is gathered every quarter from an online survey sent to a nationally representative panel of 1,000 UK consumers aged 18-65.
Top 26 Health & Wellness Brand Leaders by unprompted brand recall, ranked by Total Brand Equity
- Holland & Barrett
- Virgin Active
- David Lloyd
- Fitness First
- Weight Watchers
- Nuffield Health
161 different brands were named.
A brand had to have just 0.5% of unprompted brand recall to be in the Top 25 brands, and 1.4% to be in the Top 10.
In the top brands mapped in the Health & Wellness Brand Index, the average brand strength score is 77. Google has the strongest at 171, while Nuffield Health has the weakest at -29.
Looking at the top brands again, the average Total Brand Equity score is 190 (rising to 440 amongst only the Top 10), with Boots leading the way with a score of 1420 thanks to its strong unprompted brand recall and considerable brand strength. The median score is 80.
The overall Health & Wellness industry Net Promoter Score is a modest 24.5%, though this rises to 37% amongst the top 15 brands.
Here is how people described the Health & Wellness brands that came top of mind during unprompted brand recall:
The report includes:
- The UK's leading health & wellness brands for awareness, purchase intent and Net Promoter Score
- Overall brand strength and Total Brand Equity index
- Industry averages and market dynamics
- Key takeaways for the UK healthy & wellness industry
This report is based on a nationally representative survey of 1000 people in the UK (aged 18+), surveyed between 18th December 2017 - 20th December 2017.